shaping the future and taking joy in today
More than a Daycare, Serving the Lakes Region with Preschool & Childcare since 1998
We believe our team is
our most vital asset
Competitive pay, benefits,
and flexibility for you
Your time off is essential
to staying energized
Incentives keep you motivated and make
you feel valued
join our team, you become part of our family!
The teacher is responsible for planning, organizing and implementing a developmentally appropriate pre-school program. Duties include planning and supervising a group of children, parent communication and maintenance of the classroom.
- Demonstrate an understanding and sensitivity of young children’s needs by providing a classroom environment that is conductive to both learning and fun.
- Provide a safe atmosphere for children to participate in.
- Incorporate creativity and good judgment in the planning and presentation of age appropriate materials, lessons and activities, staying focused on the curriculum implemented for each classroom.
- Prepare weekly themed lesson plans, actively lead and participate in daily activities.
- Maintain a balance between enjoying children and adeptly handling classroom management with appropriate discipline techniques.
- Interact with other staff members in a competent and professional manner.
- Demonstrate warmth and diplomacy in interactions with parents.
- Provide parents with feedback regarding their child’s social, emotional, physical and intellectual growth by attending parent-teacher conferences.
- Exhibit flexibility and capability to lead other classes in case of another teacher’s absence.
Ensure that the center and the classroom are clean and orderly at all times by putting away craft supplies and disinfecting and vacuuming daily. Also make sure that room is never cluttered or disorderly.
- Exercise the valuable qualities of cooperation, collaboration and effective communication that are essential as a team member.
- Remain open to relevant feedback and critique.
- Display patience, respect and enthusiasm in working with children.
Standards and Qualifications
- College degree in early childhood preferred, 6 ECE credits required.
- Experience in early childhood development/education.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Valid Infant and Child CPR and First Aid.